Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Road Ahead

It is official; I am now a graduate of Grace Theological Seminary with a Master’s of Divinity. The road has been long and difficult but very good as well. Completion of the internship and thus my training at Grace marks the end of one major period in my life and the beginning of another. But what is to come for my future?

For the immediate future I will be seeking a job to pay off school loans. It would be preferable to find something ministry related but given the time it takes and the economic situation, I am open to just about anything.

The future that is a little further down the road is ministry driven. I do plan to enter into cross-cultural ministry, but where and what that will look like I am uncertain. Some, including those in Killarney, would like to see me return to Ireland, and I am not ruling that out as a possibility. But given the immediate needs of paying off this loan, those decisions are not yet ready to be made.

So prayer requests for the time being would be as follows:

1. Pray that I can find a job and affordable housing so that I can pay off the loans in a relatively short time.

2. Pray that I will be able to keep my focus on ministry while working these next couple years. One way would to be able to find ways to get involved in a local church.

Again, thank you for all your support throughout the trip to Ireland. It is because of you all that the trip was able to be so successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment