Sunday, December 13, 2009

Final Week

Its the final countdown. What an amazing trip it has been! This week looks to be very busy but good.

Today I preached for the last time in Killarney. I spoke on the idea of always remembering God, whether in the valley or on the mountain. How often we forget God and become so focused on ourselves? It is a real danger and the emphasis in Scripture on “Remember” has become so vital for my Christian walk, I thought it would be good to share that with the people here.

Tomorrow we are going to a funeral in Cork. I learned today that a believer in Christ has gone home and so tomorrow we are going down to Cork to celebrate this lady’s home-going.

Tuesday will be a day of final enjoyment for me. I plan to hike a long trail through the Black Valley (weather permitting). I am sure I will be exhausted at the end of the day but it is an area I have not yet seen and hope to before I travel home. It will make for a good time to reflect on the trip and think about what God has for me in the coming months.

Wednesday the church will be caroling at a few different retirement / nursing homes in the area. Then in the evening the church is having its annual Christmas party. Should be a great day of ministry and encouragement for all.

Thursday is a day of packing, cleaning, and filling out financial reports for the mission. Sounds exciting??

Friday I hitchhike my way onto a couple planes that are hopefully bound for home. Then, if my parents are gracious, kind, loving, wonderful, incredible people, they will be at the airport waiting for me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment